Applications process for all categories of membership
- All applications for membership need to be supported by a Proposer and a Seconder who are both current members of the Society. A list of current members is available at https://gastronomes.org/members-area. If you do not know a member of the Society, you may contact the General Secretary for further information.
- To apply for membership, please compete the Application Form, which can be downloaded from here
- When the form is downloaded, please save it onto your system with your name in the title of the document. The form is in PDF with fields where your responses can be typed in.
- Please ensure you complete the section of the form which asks for the contact details of your Proposer and Seconder.
- When competed, please send your Application Form, together with your up to date Curriculum Vitae, or biography, by email, to the General Secretary of the Réunion at: Vic@gastronomes.org
- Only applications submitted by the official process will be considered.
- Once your documents are received, the General Secretary will acknowledge them. Requests for references will then be sent to your Proposer and Seconder.
- When all responses have been received, your application will be submitted to the Committee for approval. This process may take a few weeks so please be patient.
- Prior to your application being considered by the Committee, you would normally be expected to have attended an event/supper, where you would have been introduced to the Officers of the Society, by your Proposer and/or Seconder.
- You will be invoiced by the Treasurer if your application has been approved.
- When you attend your first supper, after approval, please advise the General Secretary on the booking form so the President may present you with your badge and membership book.