REUNION DES GASTRONOMES
THE PRESIDENT’S AWARD
Identifying and encouraging excellence in professional food and beverage services
What is the President’s Award?
This Réunion initiative provides a unique opportunity for learning and career advancement, supported by members of the Réunion.
It is designed to encourage and support those following a career in food and beverage services, who also have future potential for full membership of the Réunion.
Am I eligible to apply?
The award is open to anyone working full-time, at team management level and above, in food and beverage services within the industry, in the United Kingdom. There is no age limitation.
What are the benefits?
All Finalists receive:
- An invitation to attend a Gastronome’s event.
- An invitation for two to the Annual Banquet in November 2019.
- Finalist Certificate.
- An invitation to become an Associate Member of the Réunion des Gastronomes
In addition, the Winner receives:
- Invitations to attend up to five Gastronome Events within a period of one year.
- Complimentary Associate Membership of the Réunion for two years.
- Mentoring by Gastronome members throughout the year.
- Opportunities for a range of tailored industry-based development experiences for example: short courses, involvement in industry networking activities and specialised industry visits.
- Award Certificate and Trophy.
What are the key dates?
Friday 2 August 2019 – closing date for applications.
Friday 6 September – Initial interviews of shortlisted candidates.
Monday 23 September – Finalists will attend the Gastronomes’ Supper and will be hosted by panel members.
Friday 18 October – Final interviews.
Friday 1 November 2019 – all Finalists attend, with a guest, the Annual Banquet, where the Winner will be announced.
How do I apply?
You will need to complete the application form, which also includes:
- a requirement for a statement of support and endorsement by your employer/manager.
- the name and contact details of one industry professional that can support your application.
You must also submit your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The application form can be downloaded from here.
The application form is a PDF document. You can download it and save it to your device with your name as the name of the document. You can then open it and fill it in. The form needs to be opened in a PDF reader – if you do not have the a PDF reader you can download the free Acrobat Reader DC at: https://acrobat.adobe.com/uk/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html
Your completed application form together with you CV (in PDF only) must be emailed to: email@example.com no later than Friday 2 August 2019.
What are the rules?
- Applicants must be employed full-time, at a team management level and above, in the provision of food and beverage services within the United Kingdom. There is no age limitation.
- Applicants should be able to provide evidence of their own education, training and career achievements. Ideally, they should be looking towards a long-term career in food and beverage services.
- Applications from those who would already qualify for membership will be offered the opportunity to apply to become a member.
- Applicants must provide an endorsement from their employer to confirm that appropriate time, mentoring and support will be given to the applicant during the application process and for the duration any eventual Award.
- If any candidate changes, or intends to change, their occupation or employment during the competition process, the organisers must be informed. A new endorsement will be required, and the organisers reserve the right to reconsider a candidate’s eligibility.
- Only entries made through the official entry process will be accepted. No handwritten entries will be accepted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in any way. Copies of entries must be kept by applicants for future reference as correspondence cannot be returned.
- By making an application, entrants are agreeing to the organisers holding personal data about them for the purposes of competition and the award. All candidates also agree to having their names and professional details printed in press releases and in print, including photographs taken at the events and the right to use and publish any submitted entry material.
- The Panel’s decision at each stage of the assessment process is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Where one of the Panel members is known to any of the entrants for any reason, he, or she, will stand out of any discussion about that application. This is to avoid any potential conflict of interest and ensure the integrity of the Award assessment process is maintained.
- The Award is as set out on the website and is correct at the time of publishing. The opportunities will be available during the 12 months following the confirmation of the Award. However, should any opportunities become unavailable for any reason, the organisers reserve the right to vary or amend them to at least be equivalent or better. No cash alternatives are available.
- For the Finalists and Award winner, where expenses are not already covered, reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed by the Réunion, on submission of a claim supported by receipts.
- Applicants enter and take part in the process at their own risk. The organisers disclaim all and any liability to the Award winner in respect of their participation in the activities of the Award.
- The organisers waive any responsibility for any tax liability resulting from the Award.