Savoy Place, adjacent to the Savoy Hotel, has been the London home of the IET since 1909. The present building was designed by Stephen Salter and H Percy Adams, architects, as a joint examination hall for the Royal College of Physicians and the Royal College of Surgeons.
In 1959, a third storey was added to the building, making room for a refectory. This is now used for formal dinners and external events, with the Blumlein Room acting as a dining room for staff and members.
The glass screens in the dining room were designed by Graham Jones and created in association with Andrew Moore Associates. The panels show images of scientific innovations, based on original illustrations.
Serge is designing a great menu to be accompanied by wines from
Robert Hayward including Macon Uchizy 2009 en Magnum
and Bourgogne Pinot Noir Maison Jaffelin